Saturday, July 28, 2007

Week 50: The Way it Should Be

Week Ending 7/28/07

Loads Delivered: 2

Total Miles: 2864
* Loaded: 2485
* Empty: 379

Gross Pay: $1,189.24
* Mileage Pay: $1,174.24
* Accessorial: $15.00

Hours Logged: 70.5
* Driving: 56.25
* On-Duty: 14.25

$/Hour $16.87

Off-Duty - Not Logged: 2.75
* @ Customer: 2.75
* In Laurinburg:
* Waiting Assignment:

All Hours: 73.25

Actual $/Hour: $16.24

This was a great week: mostly driving, very little wait time, and lots of miles. After two weeks back-to-back like this, I almost started to believe things were improving.
______________________________
Load 1:


Deadhead: Owatonna, MN Thursday, July 19, 2007
Shipper: Cold Spring, MN Thursday, July 19, 2007
MultiLoad: Dallas, TX Monday, July 23, 2007
Consignee: Marble Falls, TX Monday, July 23, 2007
Commodity: Granite

Hauling Granite was a new adventure, and one I really enjoyed.

The Street level directions for Cold Spring, MN were difficult to follow. OG was able to help guide me in over phone.

Instructions for multi-load were confusing, as it appeared I should deliver to Marble Falls first, when in fact, Dallas should come first. Street level directions to plant in Marble Falls were incorrect, sending me 7 miles out of way. Sent correct directions to Tina, but they came back still confused and would have sent a Driver 2 miles out of way. Corrected a second time, and came back better. Otherwise, load was uneventful and went smoothly.

Since I couldn’t make delivery to Dallas until Monday, I took Reset in Denton, TX with only 40.25 hours logged.
______________________________
Load 2:


Deadhead: Marble Falls, TX Monday, July 23, 2007
Shipper: Laredo, TX Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Consignee: Owatonna, MN Thursday, July 26, 2007
Commodity: glass

In Laredo talked with 2 people. Told them it was my first time there. Asked if there was anything else I needed to do. Was told nothing more. Later the same day I received this macro from Tina:" Good day Lyman, in the future if you drop a trailer in the Laredo yard. You need to make sure you drop in the glass mode. And complete an inventory check. You will need to advise if inventory is missing. The guards should have a sheet for you to fill out to provide this information."

I have seen other macros that have instructions like this written right into the work assignment. Since this is a regular customer, why not make these instructions part of each and every work assignment at this plant?

This was the trailer left in Laredo:

Landing Gear Handle



Rusted back end of trailer and tail light





Repair to deck – note already cracking







Note: August 13th, received a phone call from Tim (Safety - Knoxville) wanting to know if I had left this trailer in the glass-haul position. I told him I had not, since I wasn’t aware of the requirement until after I had left. He told me this trailer had been sent to a carrier in Mexico that has use of their glass trailers, and they were unable to get it into the glass position because the actuators failed.

This was the trailer picked up in Laredo:

A-Wing Ladder step has been cut out. Typically this happens when a mechanic removes it to repair actuator.



Loose bolts on actuator brace. Will eventually cause failure and bending of actuator arm.



Landing Gear Handle



Cracks and poor repair at wing upright bracing





Other cracks





The following were sent to Brett on 7/29



















This final photo sent to Brett is part of the system that failed causing my back injury in January.

No comments: