Saturday, September 16, 2006

Week 5 - The 2nd DM

Week Ending 9/16/06

Loads Delivered: 3

Total Miles: 2423
* Loaded: 1860
* Empty: 563

Gross Pay: $831.90
* Mileage Pay: $726.90
* Accessorial: $105.00

Hours Logged: 63.5
* Driving: 47.75
* On-Duty: 15.75

$/Hour $13.10

Off-Duty - Not Logged: 10.75
* @ Customer: 1
* In Laurinburg: 6.25 (over and above 10 hours in sleeper)
* Waiting Assignment: 3.5

All Hours: 74.25

Actual $/Hour: $11.20
______________________________
Load 1:


Deadhead: Sumter, SC Thursday, September 07, 2006
Shipper: Laurinburg, NC Thursday, September 07, 2006
Consignee: Indianapolis, IN Monday, September 11, 2006
Commodity: glass

This load was uneventful, other than 18 hour wait in LRBG.
______________________________
Loads 2-4:

Deadhead: Indianapolis, IN Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Multi-stop Indianapolis, IN: Pickup trailer for relay to St. Louis
Consignee: Relay - St. Louis, MO Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Shipper: Granite City, IL
Commodity: Glass

This was first assignment with new DM, Shirley. There were 3 load changes this day, as Shirley was trying to arrange a relay for a Driver who needed to get home for a family emergency. I immediately liked that about her, and was willing to do whatever it took to help her out. Final change put me in St. Louis, where I relayed and picked up an empty trailer. I was to take the empty trailer to Granite City for load.

______________________________
Load 5:

Deadhead: Granite City, IL Tuesday, September 12, 2006
MultiLoad: DeWitt, IA Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Shipper: Sterling, IL Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Consignee: Goldsboro, NC Friday, September 15, 2006
Commodity: Radiator

I arrived in Granite City to find this was a “NO LOAD”. Extended instructed me to go to Sterling, IL for load to Goldsboro, NC. On way to Sterling, I was told I needed a different trailer for the load, so was told to go to DeWitt, IA and swap trailers. I had to backtrack 50 miles to accomplish this. There had already been several changes through the day that left me low on fuel, with no Loves or Pilots close. A request for fuel and routing had been sent at 13:42 that was never answered.

At 10:00 PM, I called Extended to request assistance. At first they refused fuel, and instructed me to go 50 miles out of my way, with a load that was already running on a tight delivery schedule. I finally purchased 20 gallons with my own money at a Flying J. Extended sent first a PO to approve, and finally a ComData check. Both came after I had already paid for the fuel. A note here is that when I purchased fuel at an approved Pilot the next day, it was 10 cents a gallon more than what I had purchased the night before at the Flying J.

It wasn't until I received my next paycheck that I found out the repercussions of the ComData check. It was deducted from my paycheck, as an advance - on money I never received. Shirley was very helpful in getting straightened out.

Months later I received a call from the Safety Department about my logs. One of the problems was this evening, when fuel receipts showed a time stamp, but my log showed I was in Sleeper Berth. This was not accurate, as the fuel stamp was derived from the time Extended issued the PO, which was after I had already fueled and gone to sleeper berth.

From Goldsboro, I was assigned a load to pick-up in Laurinburg. I arrived late Friday afternoon, and waited only 5 hours for load. With no hours left on 14, I waited until Saturday to drive home. Arrived home Saturday at 12:30 with 63.5 hours logged.

Arrive LRBG: Friday, September 15, 2006, 5:00 PM
Leave LRBG: Friday, September 15, 2006, 10:00 PM
Hours LRBG: 5

Arrive Home: Saturday, September 16, 2006, 12:30 PM
Leave Home: Monday, September 18, 2006, 1:30 PM
Hours Home: 50.00
Days Home: 2.08

No comments: